If you are about to join art school or simply in search of quality art supplies, there is certain stuff which all art enthusiasts should own. Artist who have already made it in the world of art may use some of the most expensive art supplies. However, these supplies are not everyone’s piece of cake. In such cases it is essential to get art supplies which are more economical. It is not the supplies which decide how good you are going to be, it’s actually how talented you are.
The key is to buy quality supplies which are economical yet serve their purpose well. Keep the following things in mind when choosing art supplies.
- The emphasis is on quality. While everyone has their own painting and style of drawing but choosing good quality supplies can definitely make your work stand out.
- Identify the kind of supplies which you would need for your art work. It depends upon the medium which interests you most. If you are inclined towards water colors you would need supplies associated with tat genre and so on.
- While professionals have a perfect idea of what they require, beginners might not be so well versed in different kind of art supply stores in Melbourne.
Different type of art supplies
The following are a few supplies used by most artists. These include:
- Graphite pencils used to sketch the subject before you actually start painting
- Kneaded erasers for rubbing the mall details
- Good quality drawing paper. There are also several sketch books which you might find at an art supply store. Chose a book which has high quality pages.
- Brushes in different sizes
- Good quality paints. You may have to invest in water colors, oil paints and acrylics.
- Things like a palate, painting pads, markers and fountain pens. All of these are essential along with the above mentioned art supplies.
- When choosing color pencils at an art supply store, keep in mind that the most expensive ones need not be the best ones. Pencils quality depends upon color range and the fact that whether they are user friendly or not.
It’s essential to invest in a variety of art supplies. A beginner needs to practice with a variety of medium to ensure they find a niche which they would like to perfect. During the first year or foundation course at an art school students are generally allowed to work in different genres and then choose a final genre the nest year to specialize in.
While there are a lot of brands to choose from, there are certain brands which are favor in the artist community. While you may not be able to afford the most expensive brands there are few which re popular with the beginners. You can ask the sales person at an art supply store in Melbourne to help you choose the right pieces.
Poor quality art supplies can be a disappointment. Make sure you test out the supplies before buying. Sometimes you may not have the option of testing supplies, then just surf the web and read a few reviews regarding different materials and brands.
Are there art supply stores in Melbourne? Definitely! Search online for the best providers of art materials.